steinhilber logo

What if I am served with divorce papers?

If you agree with all the terms of the divorce as listed in the petition, you do not need to respond. If you want to challenge the terms listed in the petition, you must file a written answer, (also called a “response”) with the court within the time stated on the petition and appear in divorce court for the temporary order hearing date.